Wicklow Mountaineer Day Tour by Train
Tour Type: Day Tour Tour Operator: Railtours Tour Duration: 6.5 Hours Approx.
What can I expect
- Half-day tour to Garden of Ireland, Avoca and Glendalough
- Return travel on train from Dublin and Dún Laoghaire
- Reserved seats
- Host to escort you throughout the day
- Admission to visitor attractions
Half-day Tour to Wicklow
- Depart from Dun Laoghaire station at 09:55
- You'll see an elevated view of Dublin City and all of it's architecture as the train travels south from Dublin Connolly heading towards Arklow in Co. Wicklow
- The train travels along the coast towards Bray and Greystones
- When you arrive in Arklow you'll board the coach and go to Avoca Handweavers where you will get a personal tour of the oldest working woollen mills that was established in 1723
- You'll then have a lunch stop in a local pub, Fitzgerald's of Avoca.
- Next stop is the stunning Glendalough; a 12th Century monastic settlement.
- Travel to the upper lake of Glendalough to the original site of the monastic settlement, Highlights include Reefert Church, Temple-na-Skellig, St. Kevin's Cell, St. Kevin's Bed, the Caher and numerous celtic crosses.
- You'll then walk back along a boardwalk where you can see ruins of churches, an ancient graveyard and the famous round tower in the Monastic City.
- The tour continues through the beautiful landscapes of Wicklow before you head back to Dublin.
- Arrive back at Dún Laoghaire Cruise Terminal by coach at 16:45 and in Dublin Connolly Station at 17:30